|photo by me (Instagram -@isadayana)|
Life lately has been all over the place, but I can probably sum it up into two categories: college and youtube. Obviously my personal life is another category, but these days I'm focusing my attention on improving myself with the first two. Most of you can tell making videos is what I'm mostly focusing on and that's because I have made some personal goals for it. I'm aiming for at least 100 subscribers by the end of the year, so consistency is key when it comes to that. I need to keep making videos weekly and interacting with fellow YouTubers as well as developing some skills here and there. It takes some work, ya know?
The past few weeks have been rather busy and exciting for me, so let's catch up, shall we?
- Shattered iPhone As much as I take care of my things, I couldn't avoid my phone's screen breaking earlier this month. I'm not gonna pretend I was cool with this, because I was not. My hour-long silence proved this. I had praised myself all my life for not breaking any screens on iPhones or any other devices, so this kinda hurt. Luckily, I got it fixed and all was right in the world.
- Chop, Chop Yup, the inevitable overdue haircut happened. My hair was beyond any length I have ever had (way passed my butt!), so I had been contemplating a haircut for a while. I settled for a stylist in Connecticut since my favorite one is back in Miami. Only a few inches were cut so it is still pretty long. My experience at this new place was really good. They make me want to get haircuts everyday!
- Glasses Another overdue thing was my glasses(reading ones). I had the same pair for 2 years since again, my doctor was back in Miami. So this past week I misplaced my only pair and so I decided to take this as a sign, and went to a CT Lenscrafters and replaced them! It feels so good to have a clear vision again.
- Senior photos No one tell my Spanish-speaking mom - but I took my photos on Friday! I'm surprising her since I had not planned on taking any. So yeah.. let the senior events begin. Where has my college years gone??
- Fall The gorgeous season is finally here! Anybody else excited for the changing leaves?? :D
- Meditation Yep, I joined an on-campus meditation group that meets every week. It's a no-commitment group so I only go when I think I have time, or I need a little downtime. I love going since it's one way to focus truly on me and my well-being. Maybe I'll do a blog post later on about this experience.
- Au avoir, Europe John also returned from his 5 week work trip to Europe, so it has been nice having him back in the same timezone.
This month has been full of surprises honestly, but I have managed to balance it all while staying focused on what's important to me right now. :) As always if you want to see anything on here or on YouTube, feel free to let me know. I'm always looking for new ideas.